Gary "Igor" Ihar (hereinafter, Gary) is a project manager, college instructor, technologist, Career Network Ministry's volunteer, and an independent recruiter currently residing in the Washington DC metro area.
- 1 Professional Experience
- 2 Competencies
- 3 Third-Party Credentials
- 4 Aspirations
11/2017 - Present Cloud Project Manager, Educaship Alliance LLC, Dumfries, Virginia
- Project Management. Manages CNM Cloud Project to create a platform for hands-on training; the platform includes hundreds of software systems such as computing servers, virtual environments, middleware, and end-user applications
- Systems Engineering. Leads the systems design and makes final decisions on the architecture
- Software Coding. Using HTML5/CSS3/JS/PHP, contributes to and directly oversees coding endeavors and their implementations
11/2018 - 12/2021 Shanghai Jian Qiao University Instructor, Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology (partner), Shanghai, China, and remotely
- Teaching. Taught a variety of business and management courses for undergraduate students matriculated into airport management and aviation maintenance programs
5/2012 - 6/2018 U.S. Department of State Project Director, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Washington, DC 1/2009 - 5/2018 Adjunct Management Department Instructor, Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology, Flushing, New York
- Teaching. Remotely taught a variety of courses for undergraduate students matriculated into management programs
9/2010 - 10/2017 Independent Recruiter, Trainer, Curriculum Developer, Technologist, Freelance – Virginia, New York, Washington, DC, and remotely
- Recruitment. As a recruiter for The Economic Group, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, secured 250+ new hires for various clients, including Skolkovo Innovative Center, Moscow, Russia
- Curriculum Development. Designed an innovative curriculum for the U. S. Marine Corps Flight Student Language Program, as well as curricula for entrepreneurs, c-level executives, and startup business officers requested by an investment group
- Lecturing. Presented a lecture on multicultural management for Washington DC Chapter of Project Management Institute (PMI®), Wasgington, DC, USA
- Technology Development. Designed an enterprise platform using ERP software, email software, video sharing software, and e-learning software for a Ukrainian client
7/2010 - 7/2011 U.S. Marine Corps Culture Instructor, Professional Solutions LLC (government contractor), Quantico, Virginia
- Teaching. Taught for the Center for Advanced Operational Culture Learning (CAOCL)
12/2006 - 11/2014 Ural Federal University Consultant, The Economic Group (contractor), Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Consulting. Advised the university leadership on Bologna Accord, learning management systems, educational software implementations, and business opportunities
7/2007 - 5/2009 Instructor, Lecturer, Curriculum Developer, Programmer, Freelance – New York and remotely
- Lecturing. Presented a lecture on international marketing campaigns at School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) of Columbia University, New York, USA
- Teaching. Developed and taught extracurricular business courses for Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation, and Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus
7/2006 - 12/2007 Adjunct Business Department Instructor, SUNY Westchester Community College, Valhalla, New York
4/2012 – Present Organizer -- CNM Cyber Meetup group, https://www.MeetUp.Com/TechDC 2/2012 – 8/2019 Lead -- Cyber Team, Career Network Ministry at McLean Bible Church, Vienna, Virginia
Gary lists his entrepreneurial spirit, thinking "outside the box," and finding "a way to get it done" as his strongest abilities.
- Development tools -- Eclipse IDE, GIT, GitLab, Apache Subversion (SVN); Android Studio
- Core web tools -- SSH, SSL certificates, TLS, BIND (DNS server software)
- Web platforms -- Linux/Ubuntu, LAMP stack, SQL, NoSQL, API/RESTful API
- Web protocols -- DNS/DNSSEC, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, IMAP, TLS/SSL, LDAP
- Digital visualization -– Axure Pro, Balsamiq
- Graphic production -- Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Photoshop), CorelDRAW, Inkscape
- Office suites such as Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, etc. -- document processors, presentation programs, spreadsheet editors, personal information managers, desktop-publishing apps
- Video production –- Camtasia
- Web design –- Elementor Page Builder
- Ph.D. student, Marketing -- Belarusian State Economic University, Minsk, Belarus
- M.B.A., Business Administration -- Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus
- M.S./B.S., Mechanical Engineering -- Belarusian-Russian University, Mogilev, Belarus
Project Management Professional® | PMP® Number 1646031 | July of 2025 | Project Management Institute®, Pennsylvania, USA ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management | Number GR671222755GJ | AXELOS Limited, London, United Kingdom
Alumnus (2001), International Visitor Program, funded and overseen by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
Currently, Gary lives in the Washington DC metro area, but is open to relocation and/or travel both domestically and worldwide.
For the current project
- As the instructor, Gary has always been excited about a combination of formal training and apprenticeship. As the recruiter, Gary has always experienced difficulties to find qualified candidates for his major clients such a venture capital group, angel investor, and startups. To address this discrepancy, Gary is managing CNM Cloud Project. As of October of 2020, the current, third phase of this project is at about 45% of completion; the phase is scheduled to be fully completed in December of 2021.
For the next opportunity
- In his next opportunity, Gary is looking for some combination of employment and learning. Being alphabetically listed, Gary's:
- Research areas include computer science, education, human development, human resource administration, learning, and/or linguistics.
- Promising occupations include:
- in education -- (math, physical science, and/or other) teacher, (business, culture, English, and/or science) faculty member, (technical) trainer, etc.
- in new developments -- project manager, product owner, Scrum master, project sponsor, team lead, mentor, etc.
- in recruitment -- recruiter, senior recruiter, technical recruiter, etc.
- in technology -- chief information officer, chief technology officer, information technology manager, instructional technologist, etc.
- Industries include education, recruitment, vocational training, and workforce development.